Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Age 4- First School

It was back in the year 1990 when I was first sent to school. The previous years of my life basically consisted of running about in my home nourished by cerelac and ofcourse lots of love! Then at last, I was thought to be old enough to visit school in that tender age by my parents.

I was very proud when the announcement of "He's going to go to SCHOOL" was made in my home. Pride blossomed in my heart and with chest held high - i told everyone around -" Look, i am not a baby anymore, see...i am going to school!"

Atlast the fateful day arrived. The uniform of Disneyland High School was neatly pressed and ready. With the happiness of becoming a "Big Boy" and the wonder of making friends, I took the lead when dad led me through the gates of the school. School was a nice place. Lots of children were crying on the first day. Some were busy chatting. Some sang, others danced! I sat in the first bench watching other kids with awe. I had never seen so many people of my age! The teachers after the initial warmth and showers of love, then took out the rhymes book....it was Humpty Dumpty from then on....

The important thing was that i didnt shed a single tear on the first day. School had seemed like a party.

the next morning, it was different.

The thing that made me cause a tantrum and cry bucketful of tears till the teacher had to lift me in her lap and console me was that "I had to come to school DAILY"...the "Daily" thing was that which hurt most! No more of running around the house, no more chasing the ducks in the campus, no more freedom... Lots of precious tears were wasted in vain that day trying to persuade ma and dad that I din't want to come everyday. I am not ready, i tried to make them understand. They din't tell me anything- just smiled, and with a peck on my cheeks, sent me to school again. Well, I couldnt do a thing- n yea, u guessed it rite, Life changed after that.

After 16 years now, I wonder sometimes the innocence of that young heart which was so free of worries, so tension free.

I would give anything to have happiness like those days again. Would you?

No comments: